Sunday, July 28, 2013

We take Aiden everywhere.  I think a part of me wants to ensure that as he grows older, he has no fear of trying new things or going to different places and does not look down on things that are different from what he is familiar with.  Some parents kind of keep their kids in or leave them with sitters from the get go and I am not criticizing that at all, but for Adam and I, I really believe that we want Aiden to experience everything.

Since he was pretty tiny we've walked daily around the neighborhood, we've gone fishing, to art museums, to national parks and walking trails, the ocean, and wherever we go...most of the time, he goes with us and experiences it.  

Aiden and I at the Ocmulgee National Monument // July 2013

Today we visited the Ocmulgee National Monument, a place I've been a million times, a really neat area, and something I want to share with Aiden.  We went to take a tour about a Civil War battle that took place in the area, unfortunately the little guy (who has had a cold) got too hot and we left before he got uncomfortable.  

But... even though we could not stay long, the experience...even as a little man... I think is important (I could be crazy, but hey)

Loving the beach!
We really like taking him places and maybe it is because some of the most important memories I have as a kid come from traveling.  When I was eight, much to the protest of my parents at the time, my grandmother took me for a few weeks to Washington, D.C. and it was one of the most awesome things I've ever done.

Nature Walks Rule

So I want him to experience it too...different places, scenes, smells, tastes... to be just out there and not be afraid to go and explore.

That is a stuffed bear!

He's only been to two states by seven months old, but we try really hard to make his little trips full of new experiences.  I mean he's already seen Fine art!

Aiden and Mom fishing!

Hopefully we will be able to keep traveling, because I just find it so much more enjoyable. 

Hanging out in Atlanta, Ga






No comments:

Post a Comment