Monday, November 10, 2014

Long Hair, Don't Care

My son Aiden is almost two years old now and we have never cut his hair. Currently he has very long and pretty blonde hair and I like it, but apparently people I know...friends, family...they do not and they feel it necessary to constantly talk about it like they have a say in my son's appearance. I do not know where this problem with long hair on boys comes from... I do not understand why it is such a bone of contention for some people, but I do understand that regardless of how other people feel about my son's long hair... it will stay that way. Listen, I get it...people confuse him for a girl and that does not bother me so I do not understand why on earth it would bother anyone else...
Why does it matter if a complete stranger calls him a she?
Why does it matter if someone randomly and wrongly says he needs to get his hair cut?

1. NO he does not need to get his hair cut.
2. NO it is no one's business why my son's hair is long.
3. NO it is not appropriate to tell someone else that they need to cut their child's hair.  Here is the rub with that... if you are a parent, mind your own kid's upbringing and I will mind mine.  If you are not, you have absolutely no right to tell me how to raise my child.  Essentially.... you do you and I will do me...thanks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment